Monday, February 27, 2012

Each Day Better Than The Day Before!

It has been an amazing journey I've had raising my son. In fact it has been quite an amazing and different journey I've had living life in general. I can remember seeing and holding his tiny feet and hands in mine right after birth. To this day I can still remember the first thought that came to mind...."that I wanted to remember those tiny hands forever"! Because I knew that they would grow and grow.

Holding my son's small body close to mine forced me to realize how his life depended on well I could care for him. The memories would be all I would have once he entered into toddler, teenage and adolescent stages. This is what prompted me to take pictures of him and myself progressing throughout the years. Each year and inches taller and facial features changing (his and mine), I can only imagine what the next year would bring.

February 22 was his twenty-second birthday and I am so blessed to be able to enjoy yet another year watching him become a adult. Praying each step of the way that God guide his feet, ways and thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Both mom and dad say the same thing about me. Compared to my contemporaries, despite having an uneventful life in high school, I think I fared way better than they did. Which, in turn lifted a huge weight that would've been on my parents shoulders. I am also glad that Dawud turned out to be the mature young man that he is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bob...I realize that we have come a long way....but we have a ways to go (further). What I've realized from living this life is that "The Journey" is what living is all about!

    We can live with God (the easy way) or without Him ( the hard way) either way we either grow or remain the same.

    ReplyDelete